- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions for al dente, adding peas during the last minute of cooking; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, cheese, milk and salt; stir in tuna, onion and pepper. Add noodles and peas; toss to combine.
- Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, toss bread crumbs with melted butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Tuna-Noodle Casserole
Sort By :
"My family is not a big fan of tuna but the recipe looked so easy and good I tried it and I will be making it again. Next time I will use about 4 cups of noodles as I thought it could have been a little more moist. Really good and it made a lot. Also used no yolk noodles to help with the calories."
"Loved this easy casserole. Could use a bit more milk, as it was just a bit dry. But, will definitely make again!"
"Best tuna casserole I've ever had. Easy, quick, and the family loved it. I skipped the added salt. I used Panko for the topping instead of soft bread crumbs, doubled, and sprinkled liberally. The added crunch was a nice addition to the creamy texture of the casserole."
"Loved it! I added another can of the cream of mushroom soup and I added spicy mustard for a little kick. Then I added some chopped hot peppers from a jar."
"My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe. I followed the recipe exactly, except I had frozen peas with carrots so i used that - the carrots added a little color. The next day I reheated in the oven - just added a little more milk. Definately a keeper and will be making again."