Creamy Tuna-Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions for al dente, adding peas during the last minute of cooking; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, cheese, milk and salt; stir in tuna, onion and pepper. Add noodles and peas; toss to combine.
- 3. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, toss bread crumbs with melted butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 340 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 699 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.