An envelope of vegetable soup mix lends flavor to the simple cream sauce that coats this rich pasta entree. I like to garnish it with additional mozzarella cheese and parsley.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 envelope vegetable soup mix
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender, about 1 minute.
- Combine soup mix and cream; stir into skillet.
- Drain tortellini; add to cream mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring
- Add the parsley, cheese and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until
- cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 263 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 561 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.