Creamy Tortellini Primavera Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute yellow squash and zucchini in oil for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Drain tortellini; place in a large bowl. Add the squash mixture, tomatoes, onions and pepper. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 247 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Creamy Tortellini Primavera
"I did not really like this at all. I think the Caesar dressing gave it an odd flavor when warm."
"Very good - my family loved it."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.