Creamy Tortellini and Sausage Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links or Ground Sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 quarts water
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add pasta and vegetables. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until pasta is floating and vegetables are tender; drain.
- 2. Add to skillet; mix well. Pour sauce over top. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with basil; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 622 calories, 38 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 1,134 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.