- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links or Ground Sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 quarts water
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 3 teaspoons dried basil
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add pasta and vegetables. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until pasta is floating and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Add to skillet; mix well. Pour sauce over top. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with basil; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Tortellini and Sausage in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2003, p1
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Tortellini and Sausage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review