An envelope of vegetable soup mix lends flavor to the simple cream sauce that coats this rich pasta entree. I like to garnish it with additional mozzarella cheese and parsley.
- 3 cups refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 envelope vegetable soup mix
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender, about 1 minute. Combine soup mix and cream; stir into skillet.
- Drain tortellini; add to cream mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Add the parsley, cheese and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Tortellini in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p37
Reviews for Creamy Tortellini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review