Creamy Tomato Tortellini with Sausage Recipe
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links (3 ounces each), sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir sausage over medium-high heat 4-5 minutes or until browned. Add tomatoes and spinach; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted. Stir in cream cheese until melted.
- 2. Drain tortellini; add to sausage mixture. Toss to combine. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 298 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 824 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.