Creamy Tomato Tortellini with Sausage
No one will believe that just three ingredients make up this tomato sauce that tastes like it bubbled away all day on top of the stove. It's that good. — Jennifer Eggert, Scottsdale, Arizona
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links (3 ounces each), sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir
- sausage over medium-high heat 4-5 minutes or until browned. Add
- tomatoes and spinach; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted.
- Stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Drain tortellini; add to sausage mixture. Toss to combine. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 298 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 824 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a