- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links (3 ounces each), sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir sausage over medium-high heat 4-5 minutes or until browned. Add tomatoes and spinach; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted. Stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Drain tortellini; add to sausage mixture. Toss to combine. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Tomato Tortellini with Sausage
"This was so simple and easy. I did use full fat cream cheese, because I already had that on hand and I did sprinkle parmesan over the top, when I served it. Delicious."
"Simple to assemble on a busy work night. Any type of chicken sausage would work. I topped with a bit of crushed red pepper for some spice."
"Quick and easy! Instead of frozen tortellini, we used the bag stuff, which was only 12 oz. We liked a lot of sauce so did the full amount of sauce. I didn't do all the sausage though because it seemed like too much. Hubby and I loved it! Next time I will add more onion and garlic and maybe mix in some shredded parmesan!"
"This was good, but needed a little sonethin' somethin'. I added a few shakes of Jane's Krazy Salt seasoning, but it needed something else. Next time I'll add more sausage, and some fresh garlic. Also, maybe some Better 'n Boullion will do the trick. Just maybe 1/2 a teaspoon or so. I'll make it again, but needs a bit of tweaking to make it awesome. Enjoyed the recipe, though."
"This was so easy to make and very tasty. Loved it!"
"Tried this not very tasty - rather boring. I won't try this again."
"Very tasty and easy. This will definitely be one of my new go to meals."
"Did I miss something? I can only see 2 ingredients for the sauce - diced tomatoes and cream cheese. The recipe description says there are 3 ingredients. Is it meaning that the sausage or spinach is part of the sauce? That doesn't sound right to me."
"This is now a regular meal for my family!! So easy and a definite crowd pleaser. 5 stars!!"
"Easy and delicious!"