Creamy Tomato Soup
I can a lot of tomato juice, which makes this recipe even more economical. My husband really enjoys this soup, so I like to pack it in his lunch.Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 4 cups tomato juice, heated
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, combine the flour, sugar and 1/4 cup milk; stir
- until smooth. Add remaining milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat,
- stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Slowly stir in hot tomato juice until blended. Sprinkle with
- parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 143 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 937 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.