Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe
A few handy pantry items inspired Gail Westing of Landfall, Minnesota to create this fresh-tasting tomato soup. "It's super easy...and oh-so-good!" she notes.
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups milk
- In a saucepan, combine the first four ingredients. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Gradually stir in milk; cook and stir until heated through (do not boil). Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Tomato Soup in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p11
Reviews for Creamy Tomato Soup(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2009
very little flavor. Tomato flavored milk. I tried adding basil and garlic which made it worse. poured it down the sink.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Easy Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Soups & Stews for Two >
- Soups, Stews & Chilies Recipes For Two >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >