Creamy Tomato Soup
"My husband, who doesn't like tomato soup, really likes this rich and creamy version," informs Marie Keyes of Cheney, Washington. "It's easy, but it tastes like you put a lot of work into it. When I share it with co-workers, everyone loves it."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in
- tomatoes, soup, milk, sugar, basil, paprika and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir
- in cream cheese until melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings
- (2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with reduced-fat margarine, no-salt-added diced tomatoes, reduced-fat condensed tomato soup, fat-free milk and reduced-fat cream cheese) equals 157 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 457 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,