Creamy Tomato Shrimp with Penne
This creamy pasta dish looks and tastes like it’s meant for festive occasions but only takes 20 minutes to make. As Cassie says, “People love this entree's flavor and think it’s complicated, but jarred sauces make it so fast.” Cassie Conrad - Prescott Valley, AZ
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 carton (10 ounces) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute the shrimp, garlic and pepper flakes in oil until
- shrimp turn pink. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, Alfredo sauce,
- butter, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Drain pasta; serve with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup shrimp mixture with 3/4 cup pasta equals 608 calories, 38 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 214 mg cholesterol, 1,535 mg sodium,