Creamy Tomato Shrimp with Penne Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 carton (10 ounces) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the shrimp, garlic and pepper flakes in oil until shrimp turn pink. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, Alfredo sauce, butter, salt and pepper; heat through.
- 2. Drain pasta; serve with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup shrimp mixture with 3/4 cup pasta equals 608 calories, 38 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 214 mg cholesterol, 1,535 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Tomato Shrimp with Penne
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.