This creamy pasta dish looks and tastes like it’s meant for festive occasions but only takes 20 minutes to make. As Cassie says, “People love this entree's flavor and think it’s complicated, but jarred sauces make it so fast.” Cassie Conrad - Prescott Valley, AZ
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 carton (10 ounces) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the shrimp, garlic and pepper flakes in oil until shrimp turn pink. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, Alfredo sauce, butter, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Drain pasta; serve with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Tomato Shrimp with Penne in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p23
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Tomato Shrimp with Penne
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review