Creamy Tomato Shrimp with Penne Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 carton (10 ounces) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the shrimp, garlic and pepper flakes in oil until shrimp turn pink. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, Alfredo sauce, butter, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Drain pasta; serve with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Tomato Shrimp with Penne
Sort By :
Easy and delicious!
Everyone loved this Shrimp recipe. It was so easy to make & had just enough kick to it from the crushed red pepper. Will definitely make this gain!!
My husbands comment was "
This is as good as going out. I added italian sausage also when I made it. Very good
Absolutely scrumptious. This has become a family favourite. I had a bottle of rose sauce, so I used that instead of spaghetti sauce. The second time I made it, I used the spaghetti sauce. Everyone agreed that the rose sauce gave the dish a much better flavour.
I will definitely be making this again! It was so delicious and simple and quick to make. The hubby even liked it and he isn't a fan of shrimp that isn't breaded and deep fried! Plus it tastes just as good the next day.