- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 carton (10 ounces) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the shrimp, garlic and pepper flakes in oil until shrimp turn pink. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, Alfredo sauce, butter, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Drain pasta; serve with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Tomato Shrimp with Penne
"This is good. It turned out very creamy. I left out the shrimp because I didn't have any. It's a new favorite at our house."
"easy and delicious!"
"Everyone loved this Shrimp recipe. It was so easy to make & had just enough kick to it from the crushed red pepper. Will definitely make this gain!!"
"My husbands comment was "This is as good as going out. I added italian sausage also when I made it. Very good"
"Absolutely scrumptious. This has become a family favourite. I had a bottle of rose sauce, so I used that instead of spaghetti sauce. The second time I made it, I used the spaghetti sauce. Everyone agreed that the rose sauce gave the dish a much better flavour."
"I will definitely be making this again! It was so delicious and simple and quick to make. The hubby even liked it and he isn't a fan of shrimp that isn't breaded and deep fried! Plus it tastes just as good the next day."
"This was fantastic! We substituted the alfredo sauce with Tomato and Basil flavored Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cooking Creme and had splendid results! It was so full of flavor and tasty! Even my daughters loved it! This will be making another appearance on my supper table soon!"
"Delicious! I also used the tomato and basil Philly Cooking Cream in place of Alfredo sauceand used Italian sausage instead of the shrimp."