Creamy Tomato Salad
To trim calories in the salad, try light sour cream. You can also substitute white or green onions and cherry or plum tomatoes.Kim Dunbar, Willow Springs, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- In a bowl, combine cucumber, tomato and onion. In another bowl,
- combine the sour cream, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- Serve over lettuce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 105 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.