Creamy Tomato Parmesan Fettuccini
“In Hawaii, I enjoyed a wonderful fettuccine dish that was served with a secret sauce,” recalls Darlene Brenden of Salem, Oregon. “When I asked about the sauce, I was told how to make this great recipe. I can whip it up in minutes.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 4 cups hot cooked fettuccine
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring tomatoes to a boil. Reduce heat. Stir in
- the cream, parsley and basil; heat through. Toss with fettuccine;
- sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 361 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.