Creamy Tomato Parmesan Fettuccini Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 4 cups hot cooked fettuccine
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring tomatoes to a boil. Reduce heat. Stir in the cream, parsley and basil; heat through. Toss with fettuccine; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 361 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 324mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Tomato Parmesan Fettuccini
"I made this to go over chicken ravioli. I did add garlic and I stirred in the parm. cheese. The family enjoyed the meal."
"I have made this dish several times with Italian stewed tomatoes, and just love it! I toss the pasta after adding the parmesan cheese to distribute it throughout the entire dish - yum! I also use dry versions of the herbs (1/3 of fresh measurements). And finally, I've used mini lasagna noodles (mafalda) in place of the fettuccine and liked the results as much as when I used fettuccine noodles! -Lori"
"So quick to make, and tastes great! This has been a regular dish in our house. On busy nights it is a great replacement to plain spaghetti!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.