- 1/2 pound ripe plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons marsala wine or 2 tablespoons chicken broth plus 1 tablespoon white grape juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 ounces cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- In a skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir cream cheese into tomato mixture until cream cheese is melted. Add mushroom mixture. Drain fettuccine; top with sauce and Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Tomato Fettuccine in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p35
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Tomato Fettuccine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2015
"wonderful flavor was a delightful meal................."
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2010
"It was good. The only change I made was to use reduced fat cream cheese."