Creamy Tomato Chicken Recipe
And Charlene found a surefire success in Creamy Tomato Chicken. Served over noodles, the effortless entree is great for weeknight meals yet tastes special enough for weekend company. "I knew it was a keeper the first time I served it," she confirms. "It's so simple to whip up that I fix it several times a month."
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 slices slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in oil until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, soup and cinnamon; add to the skillet. Cook and stir until heated through. Return chicken to skillet; top with cheese. Cover and cook until the cheese is melted. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC