- 2 cups water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sherry, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring first five ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool.
- Puree mixture in a food processor or blender; set aside. In the same saucepan, saute fresh tomatoes in butter for 5 minutes. Stir in flour to make a smooth paste. Gradually add cream and stir over low heat until thickened. Stir in pureed mixture and sherry if desired. Yield: about 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Creamy Tomato Bisque
Sort By :
Excellent Tomato Bisque soup, my husband and I love this flavorful soup. I will be making this often. I did not use the optional sherry. Thank you for a great recipe.
Outstanding! Only did one thing different. I use a can of diced tomatoes with oregano, basil and garlic because that's all I had. I did not use the optional sherry. Tasted SO close to my favorite restaurant version I was thrilled! I will make this time and time again! Highly recommend.
I had a Tomato Bisque soup at a restaurant and I loved it. When I went to duplicate it I found this recipe, it is so close and so good!