Creamy Tomato Basil Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sherry or additional chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, broth, water and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the cream, sherry or additional broth, basil and sugar. Cook for 1 minute or until heated through (do not boil). Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 182 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 497mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
"So simple to make and super yummy. A warm filling soup on a cold night!!"
"Very yummy, used tomatoes from my garden (pureed) and half & half to lighten it up!"
"delicious and easy! the garlic and onion really add to the flavor."