Creamy Thyme Spread Recipe
Mary Steiner of West Bend, Wisconsin shares a make-ahead cracker spread that showcases thyme and garlic. "A neighbor who has an herb garden gave me the recipe," Mary writes. "It's simple to stir up and makes a special appetizer for company. It's also fun to serve at a party."
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, thyme, parsley and garlic; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 1 cup.
Originally published as Creamy Thyme Spread in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p42
Reviews for Creamy Thyme Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2010
Very yummy and I could not get enough when topping toasted sour dough bread. A major keeper!