Break out the slow cooker and start the week off on an easy note with this all-in-one recipe. A cup of chicken broth may be substituted for the water and chicken bouillon granules.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup water
- 2 ounces prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend, thawed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- Stir vegetables and cream into the slow cooker. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until vegetables are heated through. Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package directions. Serve with chicken and vegetables. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Tarragon Chicken in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p6
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Tarragon Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review