This is a quick-and-easy recipe to make, and it's one of our favorite meals for cold winter nights.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (10 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream, divided
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, chili, cheese and seasonings. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in 1 cup sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Garnish with remaining sour cream. Yield: 3-1/4 quarts.
Originally published as Taco Soup in Country Extra January 2003, p51
Reviews for Creamy Taco Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review