Creamy Swordfish on Noodles Recipe
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound swordfish steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle swordfish with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute swordfish in oil for 5-6 minutes or until opaque. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl; keep warm.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine flour and cream until smooth; add to the skillet. Stir in the cheeses. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the fish, vegetables and remaining salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- 4. Drain noodles; top with swordfish mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup swordfish mixture with 1 cup noodles equal 711 calories, 43 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 195 mg cholesterol, 1,200 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.