Creamy Swiss Spinach Dip
A few items and a microwave oven are all you need to throw together this warm cheesy dip. It's always gone at the party's end. My favorite way to serve the dip is in a bread bowl with bread cubes, but it's also good with tortilla chips or French bread slices.
-Heather Millican, Fort Meyers, Florida
28 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 2 cups diced Swiss cheese
- 2 unsliced round loaves (1 pound each) Italian or French bread
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, beat cream cheese and garlic powder
- until smooth. Stir in spinach and Swiss cheese. Cover and microwave
- on high for 3-6 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring
- Meanwhile, cut a 4-in. circle in the center of one loaf of bread.
- Remove bread, leaving 1 in. at bottom of loaf. Cut removed bread and
- the second loaf into 1-1/2-in. cubes. Spoon hot spinach dip into
- bread shell. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 115 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.