Creamy Swiss Spinach Dip Recipe
A few items and a microwave oven are all you need to throw together this warm cheesy dip. It's always gone at the party's end. My favorite way to serve the dip is in a bread bowl with bread cubes, but it's also good with tortilla chips or French bread slices. -Heather Millican, Fort Meyers, Florida
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 2 cups diced Swiss cheese
- 2 unsliced round loaves (1 pound each) Italian or French bread
- 1. In a small microwave-safe bowl, beat cream cheese and garlic powder until smooth. Stir in spinach and Swiss cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 3-6 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut a 4-in. circle in the center of one loaf of bread. Remove bread, leaving 1 in. at bottom of loaf. Cut removed bread and the second loaf into 1-1/2-in. cubes. Spoon hot spinach dip into bread shell. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 115 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC