Creamy Sweet Potatoes
I took my mother's delicious sweet potato casserole recipe and gave it a new twist by adding the tempting taste of orange-a fruit very abundant in our state. The flavors are wonderful together and make this dish a family favorite. —Norma Poole, Auburndale, Florida
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 5 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- In a large bowl, mash sweet potatoes. Add eggs, orange juice, butter,
- sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and salt; mix well. Transfer to a greased
- 3-qt. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until set. Top with
- marshmallows; return to oven until they just begin to puff and melt,
- about 5-10 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings.