Creamy Sweet Potatoes Recipe
I took my mother's delicious sweet potato casserole recipe and gave it a new twist by adding the tempting taste of orange-a fruit very abundant in our state. The flavors are wonderful together and make this dish a family favorite. —Norma Poole, Auburndale, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:10-12 servings
- 5 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1. In a large bowl, mash sweet potatoes. Add eggs, orange juice, butter, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and salt; mix well. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until set. Top with marshmallows; return to oven until they just begin to puff and melt, about 5-10 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC