Creamy Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
Refreshing and colorful, this novel combination is a taste treat! -North Carolina Sweet Potato Commission
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a bowl, blend mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon juice, mustard and sugar until smooth. In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, peas, pepper and onions. Pour dressing over all; toss to blend. Chill 2 hours or overnight. To serve, spoon salad into a large bowl lined with spinach; top with bacon. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 302 calories, 23 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC