Creamy Sweet Potato and Veggie Soup Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1. In a stockpot, saute onion in butter until transparent but not browned. Add the sweet potatoes, zucchini and broccoli; saute lightly for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in broth; simmer for a few minutes. Add potatoes and seasonings; cook another 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cream and heat through. Yield: 12-16 servings (4 quarts).
1 cup: 137 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 839mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Creamy Sweet Potato and Veggie Soup
"I love this easy tasty soup! I've made it three times already and my husband can't get enough of it. Thanks for sharing!!"
"This is the best soup to have on a cold winter night. It hits that spot that helps you sleep all night. I added chicken to it to make it a little more bulky and it came out GREAT!!!! Thanks Audrey, this will be served again and again in our household"