Creamy Sweet Potato and Veggie Soup Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- In a stockpot, saute onion in butter until transparent but not browned. Add the sweet potatoes, zucchini and broccoli; saute lightly for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in broth; simmer for a few minutes. Add potatoes and seasonings; cook another 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cream and heat through. Yield: 12-16 servings (4 quarts).
Reviews for Creamy Sweet Potato and Veggie Soup
Sort By :
I love this easy tasty soup! I've made it three times already and my husband can't get enough of it. Thanks for sharing!!
I love this recipe. I used it several times, since several in my family are vegetarian. I just use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. Everyone loves is, whether vegetarian or not.
This is the best soup to have on a cold winter night. It hits that spot that helps you sleep all night. I added chicken to it to make it a little more bulky and it came out GREAT!!!! Thanks Audrey, this will be served again and again in our household