- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- In a stockpot, saute onion in butter until transparent but not browned. Add the sweet potatoes, zucchini and broccoli; saute lightly for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in broth; simmer for a few minutes. Add potatoes and seasonings; cook another 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cream and heat through. Yield: 12-16 servings (4 quarts).
Reviews for Creamy Sweet Potato and Veggie Soup
"I love this easy tasty soup! I've made it three times already and my husband can't get enough of it. Thanks for sharing!!"
"I love this recipe. I used it several times, since several in my family are vegetarian. I just use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. Everyone loves is, whether vegetarian or not."