Creamy Sweet Corn
In Granite Falls, Minnesota, Florence Jacoby uses cream to dress up fresh or frozen corn. The simple side dish tastes rich and takes just minutes to simmer together.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over
- medium heat; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or
- until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 149 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 372 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.