- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen sliced okra, thawed
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Sweet Corn with Okra
"Nice combination but not much of a flavor-punch. Okra was not as spicy as I had hoped and the bacon did little for the dish. Next time I would probably roast the okra first then actually add some of the bacon drippings to the mix. Also, increase the seasoning (salt and pepper), it was tasty but really could use more kick!"