Creamy Sweet Corn with Okra
A bit of cream and a few crumbles of bacon lightly coat these delightful veggies the whole family will love. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen sliced okra, thawed
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic;
- cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat
- through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 211 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 384 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.