Creamy Swedish Meatballs Recipe
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef and pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. meatballs. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 11-12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream and dill; simmer for 1 minute. Place meatballs in a serving dish; pour gravy over top. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 494 calories, 36 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 199 mg cholesterol, 704 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Swedish Meatballs
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.