- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, onion and garlic until blended. Stir in tomatoes and red peppers. Stir in the mozzarella cheese, Italian cheese blend and 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until edges are bubbly and lightly browned. Serve with crackers. Yield: 28 servings (1/4 cup each).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Spread
Sort By :
"This is always a favorite for guests and so easy to make"
"This recipe is wonderful! I did cut it in half and use an 8x8-inch pan, which worked better for my husband and me. I also added a tablespoon of homemade pesto...yum! The next time I'm asked to take an appetizer to a family gathering, this is what I'll be making!"
"Enjoyed this at a friend's last night. Enjoyed by all ages. Searched for the recipe as it was so good I want to take it to a potluck. Would not change a thing!"
"I did not read the previous reviews before making and was surprised at how much it made. Very delicious. My boyfriend kept sampling the cold mixture as I was making it and suggested that we try it cold without the cheese some other time that we make it."
"Made just 1/2 of this recipe last night. It's very good. I agree it does make a huge amount. I would also suggest cutting back on some of the mayonnaise. I switched the mozzarella cheese for a Italian blend and I added additional chopped up sun_dried tomatoes. Its an excellent spread. Very eye appealing and will compliment many types of crackers. It's even better the next day."