Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Spread
This creamy, bubbly spread is sure to please. Baked to a golden brown, cream cheese and mayonnaise give this appetizer a mild flavor.
28 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, onion and
- garlic until blended. Stir in tomatoes and red peppers. Stir in the
- mozzarella cheese, Italian cheese blend and 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the
- remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22
- minutes or until edges are bubbly and lightly browned. Serve with
- crackers. Yield: 28 servings (1/4 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without crackers) equals 244 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 382 mg sodium,