- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry and chopped
- 4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, 3 tablespoons basil, salt and pepper. Stir in cream cheese, chicken, tomatoes and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Heat a 10-in. ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-low heat. Pour in egg mixture; cover and cook 8-12 minutes or until nearly set. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 12-16 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining basil; cut into wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato & Chicken Frittata
"This is the best frittata I've ever made. Usually I find them to be too dry/overcooked. I really hate overcooked eggs. The cream and the cream cheese I think really help to slow the cooking time to make it rich and stay creamy and not dry out. I was even skeptical about chicken in a frittata (since I was making it for brunch) but the basil and sundried tomatoes really just go so great with the chicken and it was a treat for sure. I will make this again - and for guests next time!"