Creamy Stuffed Baked Potatoes
My mom gave me the recipe for these twice-baked potatoes, and I altered them by adding garlic, bacon and green onions. They're perfect for a potluck or even an elegant meal. My two boys absolutely love them!
-Kristyn Drews, Omaha, Nebraska
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 5 medium baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Crumbled cooked bacon and chopped green onion
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until
- tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of
- each potato and discard. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop
- out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- In a large bowl, beat the pulp with butter. Stir in 1 cup of cheese,
- sour cream, salad dressing mix, chives and garlic. Spoon into potato
- shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 ° for 15-20 minutes or until
- heated through. Top with bacon and green onions. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 247 calories, 14 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 424 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.