- 5 medium baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Crumbled cooked bacon and chopped green onion
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- In a large bowl, beat the pulp with butter. Stir in 1 cup of cheese, sour cream, salad dressing mix, chives and garlic. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 ° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Top with bacon and green onions. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Stuffed Baked Potatoes
"Whole family enjoyed!"
"Definitely something I will make again. The family loves it."
"I've made this recipe a few times and it's always flawless. They're fantastic!"
"Best stuffed potato recipe yet!!!I make it frequently ..."
"These have become a favorite that I make as often as my diet will allow :)"
"My son absolutely loves these potatoes. I load up the oven with potatoes, stuff them, and then instead of popping them back in the oven, I arrange them on cookie sheets in the freezer. Once frozen, I transfer to freezer bags for quick meals or when my son wants a "snack" - he'll eat three in one sitting."
"Very Good! I cheated a little and used microwave potatoes. But after placing the "pulp" back in the shells, I baked it. I came out great and was way faster."
"Very good, very filling. Unless your family is large or you're serving these at a party you'll undoubtedly have leftovers. They heat up just fine in the microwave."