My mom gave me the recipe for these twice-baked potatoes, and I altered them by adding garlic, bacon and green onions. They're perfect for a potluck or even an elegant meal. My two boys absolutely love them! -Kristyn Drews, Omaha, Nebraska
- 5 medium baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Crumbled cooked bacon and chopped green onion
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- In a large bowl, beat the pulp with butter. Stir in 1 cup of cheese, sour cream, salad dressing mix, chives and garlic. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 ° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Top with bacon and green onions. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Baked Potatoes in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p27
Reviews for Creamy Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review