Creamy Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- 1. Drain strawberries into a 1-cup measuring cup and reserve juice; set berries aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup; pour into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Add ice cream; stir until blended. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes or just until thickened (watch carefully).
- 2. Fold in reserved strawberries. Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Garnish with fresh strawberries if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 345 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Strawberry Pie
"So refreshing on a hot summer day!"
"A nice , simple , easy to make dessert. Very tasty and not heavy after a meal. Thank you !! A "keeper" recipe."
"Made this over the weekend and it was gone in no time. Even my picky son loved it."
"We loved this, I pureed the berries and just added them with the water juice mix.I also tried it with orange jello and mandarin oranges and it wasn"t as good."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.