Creamy Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- 1. Drain strawberries into a 1-cup measuring cup and reserve juice; set berries aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup; pour into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Add ice cream; stir until blended. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes or just until thickened (watch carefully).
- 2. Fold in reserved strawberries. Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Garnish with fresh strawberries if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 345 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Strawberry Pie
"So refreshing on a hot summer day!"
"Made this over the weekend and it was gone in no time. Even my picky son loved it."
"We loved this, I pureed the berries and just added them with the water juice mix.I also tried it with orange jello and mandarin oranges and it wasn"t as good."