"I like to end a nice company meal with this easy make-ahead dessert," says Dixie Terry of Goreville, Illinois. The eye-catching pie has a big strawberry flavor and extra richness from ice cream.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- Drain strawberries into a 1-cup measuring cup and reserve juice; set berries aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup; pour into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Add ice cream; stir until blended. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes or just until thickened (watch carefully).
- Fold in reserved strawberries. Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Garnish with fresh strawberries if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Strawberry Pie in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p20
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Strawberry Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review