Rhonda Butterbaugh shares the recipe for a fruity gelatin dessert that's a summertime staple at her home in Weatherford, Oklahoma. "I usually prepare it the day before I need it," she writes. "It disappears really fast."
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, sugars and butter; press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle gelatin over boiling water. Remove from the heat; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in strawberries and milk. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until partially set.
- Fold whipped topping into strawberry mixture. Spread over prepared crust. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Cut into squares. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Strawberry Dessert in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p43
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Strawberry Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review