Creamy Strawberry Crepes Recipe
As special as Christmas morning itself, these delicate crepes add a merry touch of elegance and holiday color to brunch!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Additional butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, water, butter and salt. Add flour; beat until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. In an 8-in. nonstick skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter; pour 2 tablespoons of batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom.
- 3. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter to skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 4. For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, peel and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 2 cups of berries and whipped cream. Spoon about 1/3 cup filling down the center of 15 crepes; roll up. Garnish with remaining berries. freeze remaining crepes for another use. Yield: 15 crepes.
1 serving (2 each) equals 504 calories, 26 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 194 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC