- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Additional butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, water, butter and salt. Add flour; beat until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In an 8-in. nonstick skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter; pour 2 tablespoons of batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom.
- Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter to skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, peel and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 2 cups of berries and whipped cream. Spoon about 1/3 cup filling down the center of 15 crepes; roll up. Garnish with remaining berries. freeze remaining crepes for another use. Yield: 15 crepes.
Reviews for Creamy Strawberry Crepes
Sort By :
"I made these for my family one Sunday and the recipe is a keeper. The only thing I did different was I used cool whip instead of whipping cream, and also I used a container of frozen strawberries in their juice and added with the sliced strawberries for the top. They are delicious!! All my kids said not to loose this recipe."
"This was so easy to make, and was a big hit with all family members. Will make it again, but it gets soggy by the next day, so better make sure all is eaten the first day."
"My family loved this. I have since finding this recipe made many things with the filling. Chocolate crepes were excellent with it. My grandchildren made large cupcakes ,choc and white and filled them with the filling mixture. Great a filling for stuffed french toast. Thank you for your recipe is one of our favorites."