Creamy Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and sliced
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat half-and-half to 175°; stir in sugar until dissolved. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into the eggs. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in whipping cream and vanilla. Press waxed paper onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon juice and peel until blended. Gradually beat in the custard mixture. Stir in strawberries.
- 4. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 3 quarts.
3/4 cup: 430 calories, 28g fat (17g saturated fat), 150mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Creamy Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
"This is delicious. It's absolutely worth the trouble. I like it best fresh & very soft."
"This is good ice cream, but I wouldn't say that it's the best I've ever made. It is really a lot of putzing around to make it and takes quite a bit of time from start to finish."
"This is amazing, a great homemade ice cream recipe. We tried to triple to fit our 6 quart but it was too much. So use caution if attempting to make a larger recipe."
"The best homemade ice creams are made with a custard base. Using other kinds of fruit in this would be great (peach !) Two more factors for a great result: 1.Patience to chill mixture overnight before churning,then waiting another day before serving so that texture is at the max. 2. Invest in a really good ice cream maker. It's worth the money if you love ice cream."
"This is amazing! So easy to make, the only ting I would do differently is to mix a bit of the custard into the cream cheese before mixing them together. It was a bit difficult to blend in the cream cheese since it was so much thicker. I also used fresh chopped strawberries since they are in season and I don't care for big frozen chunks of strawberries in my ice cream. The texture is so creamy and it wasn't greasy like another recipe I tried. Delishious!!!"
"I am trying to do this recipe today will let you know how it turns out. I am just trying to figure out why the 4 cups of half and half is divided? I didn't see where you would use the other half. So, if it just calls for 2 cups why wouldn't it say 2 cups instead of four divided? Please Help!!"
"I make cheesecake of all kinds and this recipe looked interesting to me. I made it for Memorial Day and it got rave reviews from my family. I will be making it again."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.