Creamy Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and sliced
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat half-and-half to 175°; stir in sugar until dissolved. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into the eggs. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in whipping cream and vanilla. Press waxed paper onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon juice and peel until blended. Gradually beat in the custard mixture. Stir in strawberries.
- 4. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 3 quarts.
3/4 cup equals 430 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 150 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.