Creamy Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and sliced
- In a large saucepan, heat half-and-half to 175°; stir in sugar until dissolved. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into the eggs. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in whipping cream and vanilla. Press waxed paper onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon juice and peel until blended. Gradually beat in the custard mixture. Stir in strawberries.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 3 quarts.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Sort By :
This is delicious. It's absolutely worth the trouble. I like it best fresh & very soft.
This is good ice cream, but I wouldn't say that it's the best I've ever made. It is really a lot of putzing around to make it and takes quite a bit of time from start to finish.
This is amazing, a great homemade ice cream recipe. We tried to triple to fit our 6 quart but it was too much. So use caution if attempting to make a larger recipe.
The best homemade ice creams are made with a custard base. Using other kinds of fruit in this would be great (peach !) Two more factors for a great result: 1.Patience to chill mixture overnight before churning,then waiting another day before serving so that texture is at the max. 2. Invest in a really good ice cream maker. It's worth the money if you love ice cream.
This is amazing! So easy to make, the only ting I would do differently is to mix a bit of the custard into the cream cheese before mixing them together. It was a bit difficult to blend in the cream cheese since it was so much thicker. I also used fresh chopped strawberries since they are in season and I don't care for big frozen chunks of strawberries in my ice cream. The texture is so creamy and it wasn't greasy like another recipe I tried. Delishious!!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Ice Cream >
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Desserts >