This is so easy to prepare. With squash, carrots and stuffing mix, it's an excellent holiday side dish.—Sue Moore, Columbiana, Ohio
- 2 pounds acorn or butternut squash
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2-1/4 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix, divided
- Cut squash in half; remove and discard peel and seeds. Cut squash into 1/2-in. cubes. Cook squash in a small amount of water for 3 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine soup, sour cream, butter, carrots and onion; stir in 2 cups of stuffing mix. Fold in squash.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining stuffing mix. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until squash is tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Squash Casserole in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p44
Reviews for Creamy Squash Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2010
"Easy to make and the kids loved it!"
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2010
"I have made this recipe several times. I add in 1 cup of cubed ham and serve with a salad for a complete meal. My kids love it."