This is so easy to prepare. With squash, carrots and stuffing mix, it's an excellent holiday side dish.—Sue Moore, Columbiana, Ohio
- 2 pounds acorn or butternut squash
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2-1/4 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix, divided
- Cut squash in half; remove and discard peel and seeds. Cut squash into 1/2-in. cubes. Cook squash in a small amount of water for 3 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine soup, sour cream, butter, carrots and onion; stir in 2 cups of stuffing mix. Fold in squash.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining stuffing mix. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until squash is tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Squash Casserole in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p44
Reviews for Creamy Squash Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review