Creamy Sprouts N Noodles Recipe
"This comforting casserole is great with pork roast or pork chops," says Dixie Terry of Goreville, Illinois. "It makes a delicious side dish for company."
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, quartered
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 3 cups medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1. Place the brussels sprouts and a small amount of water in a saucepan; cover and cook until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions in 2 tablespoons butter until golden brown. Remove from the heat; stir in the sour cream, cottage cheese, garlic, paprika, salt and caraway.
- 3. Drain sprouts; add to onion mixture with noodles. Spread into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- 4. Melt remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 250 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 369 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC