"This comforting casserole is great with pork roast or pork chops," says Dixie Terry of Goreville, Illinois. "It makes a delicious side dish for company."
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, quartered
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 3 cups medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- Place the brussels sprouts and a small amount of water in a saucepan; cover and cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions in 2 tablespoons butter until golden brown. Remove from the heat; stir in the sour cream, cottage cheese, garlic, paprika, salt and caraway.
- Drain sprouts; add to onion mixture with noodles. Spread into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- Melt remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Sprouts N Noodles in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p53
Reviews for Creamy Sprouts N Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review