Creamy Spinach Stuffed Flounder
A mixture of garden vegetable cream cheese and healthy chopped spinach lend rich flavor to these tender fish fillets. You'll have an elegant meal on the table in just over 30 minutes. Bobby Taylor of Michigan City, Indiana shares the recipe.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese, divided
- 4 flounder or sole fillets (3 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine spinach and 3/4 cup cream cheese. Spoon onto
- each fillet; roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 8-in. square
- baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the milk, lemon juice, salt,
- pepper and remaining cream cheese. Microwave on high for 30-60
- seconds; stir until smooth. Spoon over fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 285 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 493 mg sodium,