Creamy Spinach Stuffed Flounder Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese, divided
- 4 flounder or sole fillets (3 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine spinach and 3/4 cup cream cheese. Spoon onto each fillet; roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 8-in.-square baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine milk, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining cream cheese. Microwave on high 30-60 seconds; stir until smooth. Spoon over fish. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 285 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 493 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.